Holiday Events in Wakyland! (15-27)Monday, December 16, 2013
WAKYLAND EVENTS DECEMBER 15-27
- Dec. 19- Give a Jam to End Homelessness, Clifton Center Thursday, December 19 starting at 6 p.m. The evening will feature live performances local musicians and artists, soups and stews from Louisville’s best chefs, a silent auction and a cash bar. All proceeds will benefit the Coalition for the Homeless’s Rx: Housing Project. Tickets are $10. (502) 896-8480 for details.
- Dec. 21- Breakfast with Santa at the Galt House Hotel! Bring your kids for a special Christmas brunch with Old Saint Nick! Activities include face painting, cupcake decorating, and a DJ! Afterwards Santa will take all the family through Christmas at the Galt House Hotel! 502.568.4239.
- Dec. 27th.The FAT Friday Trolley Hop, held year-round on the final Friday of every month, provides free parking and transportation to participating shops, restaurants and galleries along the Frankfort, Mellwood and Story Avenue corridor. Many of the business host live music, refreshments and special sales. For more information about specific F.A.T. Friday events, the trolley schedule, and the participating businesses.
- SantaCon is a mass gathering of people dressed in Santa Claus costumes parading publicly on streets and in bars in cities around the world spreading cheer and goodwill. SantaCon - Santas Unite Louisville are taking it to the streets again Saturday, 21 starting at 2p.m. Bring canned goods for Dare to Care Food Drive will be collected at the initial meet-up.
Historic Christmas Film SeriesFriday, December 20, 2013
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (PG-13) 97 minutes - Dec. 19th at 7pm, Dec. 20th at 7pm.
- White Christmas (G) 120 minutes - Dec. 21st at 2pm, Dec. 21st at 7pm. Tickets: $3.Christmas Film Series at the Historic State Theatre. http://historicstatetheater.org/